CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills
Deep Resurfacing With CO2 Technology
Normal signs of aging and many lifestyle factors like excess time in the sun can greatly affect the look and feel of your skin. If you’re ready to take the next step to improve your skin long term, CoolPeel is a form of advanced technology that works wonder for the skin—both beneath and on the outer surface.
Skin rejuvenation is one of the most transformative services we offer at Luma Hair Removal And Skin Care Spa, and our CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills is a step above the rest. CoolPeel is an advanced form of CO2 resurfacing by Deka Tetra. CO2 has a reputation for deep rejuvenation to improve fine lines, deep wrinkles, and other signs of aging. Unfortunately, the downtime for traditional CO2 is usually intense; this is not true for CoolPeel! Scroll to learn more about what makes this treatment so special.
What it Treats
Fine lines & wrinkles
30 to 40 minutes
Female or Male
18 to 21 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your particular type of treatment with CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills, downtime ranges from very minimal to 1 week.
Why try a CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills?
CoolPeels unique technology means less downtime than traditional CO2 skin resurfacing.
We can treat a multitude of concerns with CoolPeel, whether you're looking for antiaging benefits, acne scar improvement, or a more even skin tone.
Your results from CoolPeel are long term; your skin rejuvenation will last for years to slow aging effects.
The CoolPeel Process.
What to Expect?
Before any type of skin treatment at Luma Hair Removal And Skin Care Spa, we always start off with a consultation to learn about your unique skin and concerns. After examining your skin and discussing your desired results, we will ensure that the CoolPeel is the best skin treatment option for you and recommend an amount of treatment sessions. We'll work with you to find a time that best fits into your schedule. If there is downtime associated with your custom treatment, our team will help you schedule an appointment time that aligns with your needs.
When you arrive for treatment, we'll prepare your skin to ensure the best results. The procedure is quick, but we do offer ways to make you more comfortable throughout the process.
Your provider will go over any specific aftercare instructions to ensure you get the best results from CoolPeel. Like any skin treatment, practice safe sun care by wearing sunscreen, protective clothing, and limiting sun exposure.
Before your CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills, you should:
- Avoid sun exposure, either naturally or through the use of tanning beds (including self-tanning methods) for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least one week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
- If we are treating your face/neck, arrive with a bare face (cleansed with no makeup, serums, or moisturizers).
After your CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills, we recommend you:
- Use a cold compress and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication for post-treatment swelling and redness.
- Use gentle cleansers, do not rub your skin, and avoid hot water for at least 2-3 days.
- Use sunscreen (SPF 30+) and moisturizer religiously. Also consider a hat or other physical block if going into direct sunlight.
- Do not use any scrubs, exfoliants, chemicals, or topical medications on the treated area for at least a week.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Does the CoolPeel laser hurt?
Patients generally tolerate the CoolPeel treatment process very well, especially since it is a pretty short treatment. We have options to improve your comfort throughout the appointment if needed.
What kind of laser is the CoolPeel?
The CoolPeel is a CO2 laser, also known as a carbon dioxide laser. This type of laser is considered to be the most "aggressive" with its treatment and results it delivers. It works by using ablative laser technology to remove the outmost layer of skin known as the epidermis. The CoolPeel is unique as a CO2 laser because it has much less downtime than traditional CO2 lasers.
Am I a candidate?
The best way to find out if you're a candidate for CoolPeel in Bloomfield Hills is with an in-person consultation! You can meet with a skin professional who can examine your skin on a meticulous level. From there, they will learn about your individual concerns and goals with a CoolPeel to determine if you're a candidate. Generally, patients who wish to greatly improve conditions like fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, or age spots are good candidates for CoolPeel.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.