Vivace Microneedling in Bloomfield Hills
A New Generation of Microneedling
There are a lot of textural skin conditions that can be difficult to improve through products alone. What your skin really needs is collagen induction, and one of the best forms of this is through microneedling. Microneedling has been a tried and true form of skin rejuvenation for years, but the addition of radiofrequency with this technique has truly changed the game. At its core, microneedling uses tiny micro needles to create controlled injuries on the skin. This triggers the natural healing process, producing collagen, and renewing your skin to improve many conditions.
Our Vivace Microneedling in Bloomfield Hills is a form of RF (radiofrequency) microneedling with unique process. This treatment combines RF microneedling with a specialized serum plus a cooling peptide mask. This provides even better results for patients looking to improve their skin texture and tone.
What it Treats
Fine lines and wrinkles
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
After this treatment, your skin will be sensitive in the hours that following your treatment. This should subside after 24 hours. Full skin recovery takes about 3 days.
Why try Vivace Microneedling in Bloomfield Hills?
Treat Texture From Within
Skincare products alone can't treat texture like Vivace microneedling. This treatment uses the power of your body's natural healing to induce collagen production and resurface your skin.
Safer for All Skin Tones
Unlike other forms of resurfacing such as lasers, Vivace microneedling is a much safer option for all skin tones, much less risk of discoloration from treatment.
The results of this treatment are not temporary, the renewal from boosted collagen production is long lasting for years to come, though some patients receive maintenance treatments as needed.
The Vivace Microneedling Process.
What to Expect?
We prioritize in-depth consultations before any skin resurfacing treatment so we can ensure you get the best treatment for your needs. You'll meet with a microneedling specialist who will examine your skin, discuss your concerns, and establish expectations for this treatment. Once they answer any and all of your questions, we will book your Vivace treatment. We can accommodate any scheduling to fit your needs and account for skin recovery if necessary. Your provider will also explain any instructions for your skin prior to treatment.
RF Microneedling Treatment.
On the day of your appointment, we'll prepare your skin to ensure a smooth treatment process. Your aesthetician will use the Vivace handpiece over the treatment areas and check in with your comfort throughout the treatment session.
After the treatment, your provider will give you any aftercare instructions. In general, we advise that you take extra care of your skin as it is sensitive immediately afterward.
To prepare for Vivace microneedling in Bloomfield Hills, we suggest:
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g., glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g., salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc., for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated, as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean off any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
Following RF microneedling at Luma Hair Removal And Skin Care Spa, it is important to:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least 1 week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2 to 3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4 to 6 weeks to continue to see results!
Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the difference between Vivace microneedling and regular microneedling?
What makes Vivace unique is its radiofrequency technology combined with an advanced serum and peptide mask. The radiofrequency portion of the process uses thermal energy to help tighten skin along.
When will I see results?
Vivace Microneedling results are progressive, meaning they will take some time to appear as the skin heals and produces more skin-renewing collagen. Because of this full results can take between a month or two to appear, but you will enjoy noticeable results soon after treatment.
Does Vivace tighten skin?
Yes! One of the benefits of Vivace is that the radiofrequency portion of the process tightens tissues. This is extremely beneficial on areas such as the jowls and neck.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.